Wednesday, January 14, 2009

James Boag's Classic Blonde


Tasting notes according to the bottle: A full bodied blonde style lager. 4.5% alcohol. Classic Blonde has less than a third of the carbohydrates of standard beers. With signature Boag's flavour, this full strength blonde lager is full bodied with a crisp clean finish.


My own opinion: It's not as bitter as James Boags Premium, which I always like. It smells kind of fruity but nothing particularly special. There's certainly not a lot of grunt to it, and while it is described as having a crisp clean finish, I think that means that the average mug punter can drink it without having too much to complain about. It's got a normal sort of beer colour, definitely consistent with pilsners and traditional lagers.


My rating: A few pints... certainly not something I would drink all night unless it was cheap.


No comments: