Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Perth International Beer Festival in 2010 - Update 2

I'm keeping a close eye on what is going on with the Perth International Beer Festival, and saw the first TV commercial last night. I was disappointed by the ad, which looks like it's been knocked up by a fourteen year old that has been playing with Flash.

It is still, unfortunately, being billed as a family event, so I'm not sure how that will play out.

Anyway, I'm adding the beers that have been added to the list of beers that will apparently be for sale on the day.

Banks
Bitter
Original Ale
Marston's
Pedigree Ale
Smooth Ale
Murphy's
Murphy's Irish Stout
Newcastle Brown Ale
Wells and Young's
Bombardier Premium Bitter
Crest Super Lage
Double Chocolate Stout
Kestrel Super Lager
Wychwood Brewery
Hobgoblin Ale

Not the most impressive set of additions to the list, but I'm hopeful of further improvements. I would like to see American and Canadian microbreweries turning up before the beginning of the festival.

I plan to contact the organisers in the next couple of weeks to organise some complimentary passes for Saturday 20th February, due to travelling on Sunday 21st.

No comments: