Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Brew Dog and Stone Brewing Company's Bashah Double Black Belgian India Pale Ale

This is the third beer of the six pack my brother kindly purchased me.


Tasting notes, according to the bottle(r): I actually struggled to find notes from the actual brewers on this one, possibly because it was a collaboration of two different brewing companies. The side of the bottle did not say anything useful, but did give an amusing aside as to what happens when that sort of information is put on the side of the bottle.

My opinion: For a start, this beer is 8.6% alcohol and has a hell of a kick to it. I find it similar to Dogbolter Dark Lager (from Matilda Bay Brewing Company). It's got a strong hoppy nose, with a subtle smoked tone to it. It pours very dark, almost black with a beautiful light brown head. It tastes strangely has a mix of sweet, savoury AND bitter flavours to it, and is oddly refreshing.

My rating: As much as I would look to drink this for much of a night, at 8.6%, it's not something you could spend a whole night on. I do recommend it for fans of IPA who want to try something different

No comments: