Monday, February 8, 2010

Perth International Beer Festival in 2010 - Fourth and Final Update

Well, the organisers have come through and given me some free tickets. I'm going to be going on Saturday 20th February.

While typing this up, a few beers have been removed. These are:
Boags Draft
Marston's
Pedigree Ale
Smooth Ale
Satan Gold
Wells and Young's
Bombardier Premium Bitter
Crest Super Lage
Double Chocolate Stout
Kestrel Super Lager
Westmalle Dubbel

On top of that, a number of beers have been added, which are:
Chimay Bluecap
Delerium Tremens Ale
Doom Bar Ale
Grimberbergen
Haagen
Gold
Blonde
Hardy and Hansens
XX Mild Ale
John Smiths Extra Smooth
Kirin
Malheur 10
Malheur 12
Rocheforte 6
Rocheforte 8


I am disappointed that a decision has been made to reduce the number of beers available, and the introduction of Kirin seems like a non issue. I would add that James Squire has increased its range available at the Festival to its full bottled/draught range, and Gage Roads appears to have reduced their selection to Wahoo.

This will be my last update about the festival until after it.

If you want to come along, please let me know and I will hand them out to the most deserving people. I am looking for evidence of knowledge of beer, festivals and are prepared to write off much of their Saturday for the festival. You're paying for your own beers though.

If I can't get you a free one, it's up to you as to whether or not you decide to go on your own right. If you do go on the Saturday, come and see me and we'll have a chat. :)

No comments: