Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dorset Brewing Company Chesil Traditional Pilsner

This is the second beer of the six pack I received for Christmas.


Tasting notes, according to the bottle(r): Brewed from lager and Caragold barley malt, Sovereign and Lubelski hops, Sutton Poyntz spring water and fermented using DBC's own distinctive special strain of yeast. Chesil is a melt in the mouth straw blonde pilsner real ale with a refreshing citrus and floral aroma and taste.


My opinion: For a start, this comes in a 500mL bottle, which is always a good start. The head holds well when poured into a glass and does a good job of holding the floral aromas, although I can't smell any of the citrus aromas. It is a somewhat cloudy beer (although not obvious, it could have been a glass that wasn't properly cleaned). It is a straw blonde colour and there are slight citrus flavours to the beer.
My opinion: Look, it's a nice beer but I can't see myself spending all night on it. My guess is that it would be better as something different, and I would be interested to see what this tastes like off the tap rather than out of a bottle.

No comments: